Singapore Virtual Airlines Group
Alessandro P. - SVAG1077

Random destination

Hello. First of all congratulations to everyone involved in the SVAG 2020 shift.

I was wondering if a "random destination" function (or maybe some sort of flight assignment) could be implemented on our OPS website.

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro

Edited by Alessandro P.

Hi Alessandro,

We do plan to resume Featured Flights shortly. Is that what you had in mind or more of a "dispatch to pilot" function?

Hi!

Featured Flights are really cool and more than welcome.

A "dispatch to pilot", maybe generated randomly by the system, would also be a really interesting feature.

I was more referring to a button next to the "Find Flights" one that randomly chooses one of the destinations listed in the "schedules" page on our OPS website.

In my mind it should work like this: the users filter the flights according to what is already at their disposal (eg. departure airport or aircraft type) obtaining a list of available flights, then the "random button" would pick one flight from those listed.

I see. We did try this a long time ago IIRC and feedback was it unnecessarily restricted pilots, so we went the other way and started "Flight of the Month (FOM)".

Still, with this new system I will see if random feature can be added for those who can't decide which route they wanna fly, perhaps with a distance limit setting.